Saturday, May 8, 2010

Maiden Post

I've thought about it, talk about it and in honor of Mother's day, I begin my blogging adventure. I intend to use this space to share my musings on grief. Grief as I have experienced it thus far; somedays as an invader other days a great teacher.
I also plan to share stories of my two sons, Gunnar and Hayden. I will begin with Mother's past.
I smile as I recall artwork from their preschool years--purple and blue handprints bedazzled with glitter and sincere attempts printing their names--the best.
I am going to brunch with friends this Mother's day. I am thankful for good friends.
As I reflect on past Mother's days I am full of gratitude for the wild and glorious ride of motherhood.

4 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    You are a rock and sponge, Hard and tough when things come that require a strong stance yet pourous and bendable to soak up the goodeness of friends and then release to others who are in need at moments. You are an insperation, I look up and respect you, and I miss your boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog Kathleen!
    So good to see you writing. Thank you for sharing your son's lives with us. They are amazing souls and you are an amazing woman and mother. I hope you enjoy the beauty their lives brought us all today.
    Happy Mothers Day.
    This is MBski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much. I'm SO glad that you decided to do this! Can't wait to see what evolves here.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you took the leap!!!
    thoughts & prayers!
    mary :)

    ReplyDelete