Sunday, March 4, 2012

Far Too Long

I started this blog, like many to record and share thoughts. For me,  the subject matter is primarily grief and stories about my two sons. Because I am by myself now, I am the story teller, which I do not mind so much because, like many mom's , I love talking about my children. Obviously I have not written for a very long time. I ask myself, why? After a few lame excuses--I am too busy with school work, chores take up a lot of time. The honest answer is fear. Fear keeps me from writing. Here is the list of fears that shackle me----fear of judgement, rejection, bad grammar, facing difficult emotions, among others. The thing I have notice about fear and this is no revelation, I think it is common knowledge; the more I give into fear the smaller and more disempowered I feel. I use the word feel, but I think it is more of a reality fear does disempower. In the popular and overcrowded world of blogs, mine is a minnow, yet here it is, bad grammar and all. I think of quote from Pablo Picasso,

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn to do it."

2 comments:

  1. That's just it - it's YOUR blog, so it can be anything you want it to be. It is beautiful, because it is from your heart. It's so good to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep writing. It helps me and I'm sure that it helps others.

    http://www.scoop.it/t/grief-and-loss

    ReplyDelete